Monday, May 12, 2008

This morning we had breakfast with a turtle

Day 6: Thursday May 1, morning - Udaipur

He just kept crawling around our table, and the poor thing had a cracked shell. Unfortunately, no amount of delight at sharing my breakfast with a turtle could make up for the disgusting eggs I ordered. I pondered and pondered, debating whether I should order poached eggs. Here I am, studying the menu, trying to find something that would fulfill my poached egg craving.

I have been craving poached eggs since I've been here, but have been afraid to order them. This morning I broke down and ordered them, and they were poached in oil. Gross! They tasted disgusting, and after one bite, I ordered two pieces of toast, and that was my breakfast. Maybe the turtle will eat them.

After breakfast, we walked around town with Mintu to change some of our travel plans. There were lots of locals walking around, and we saw these colorfully dressed ladies. Of course, colorfully dressed ladies like this are everywhere in India, but I really like this picture.

Originally, we were going to drive from Udaipur to Ahmedebad, take a train to Mumbai, spend some time in Mumbai, and then go on to Goa. At this point, we are so sick of being in a car, that we've decided to just skip Mumbai and fly to Goa. No train, which I know Andy was looking forward to - sorry Andy.

Here I am, waiting in the train station for Andy and Mintu to cancel our train tickets. I hate having my picture taken, and Andy is such a good photographer, that every once in a while he can capture a decent picture of me. I'm fond of this one.

After the train station, we are off to the Lake Palace Hotel - hallelujah! We need a nice, comfortable break.

1 comment:

Kar said...

That is a really good picture of you. Ben's a good photographer, too. I wish I was.