Friday, May 9, 2008

Maybe I should have brought along a travel pillow

Day 2: Sunday April 27 (who knows what time) - Somewhere over Iceland or Moscow

This is the longest flight. Ever. I have already read a 400-page book, watched two movies, played two games of Tetris (getting to level 8 both times, which is pretty good considering I haven't played in years), watched four TV shows, and I still have about six more hours to go.

Two problems: One, I can't sleep. At all. And two, my sinuses are jacked up. I'm sure everyone on this flight is so sick of me blowing my nose; I've already gone through a package of Kleenex, and my nose is completely raw. Each time I blow it, I feel a couple of seconds of relief, and then all the crud packs right back in. Dang.

So far, I have basically dozed for only 1.5 hours - total. I was up since 7:00 am, and when I land in India, it will be 8:30 in India...that's 1.5 hours of sleep in about 24 hours!

Maybe I should have brought along this travel pillow, available for purchase in SkyMall magazine.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Ooh, that pillow looks really nice. I'm so sorry about the long flight. One and a half hours of sleep in a 24-hour period of time? That sounds like me for the past two weeks, until I got some Nexium. Now life is good. My heartburn was keeping me up. I was not a happy girl.