Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A few things that make me happy

I love getting letters in the mail. Actual "I was thinking of you and thought I'd mail you this letter" letters. Even better than letters are packages. Getting a package you know is on its way is exciting, but the very best thing of all is to get a surprise package - one that is completely unexpected.

Yesterday did not disappoint. I came home late last night to find this little treasure in my mailbox, from one of my oldest and dearest friends.

Not only was it a surprise package, but it contained something to add to my (very small) collection of decorative letter As. I was so excited to find this in my mailbox yesterday, I did a little happy dance in my living room when I unwrapped it. Thanks, Janene, for seeing something that reminded you of me, and popping it in the mail. This made my day!

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Jan is a STAR. What a great surprise :)

lish said...

Yes, Jan is a STAR! We all love Janene!

Mandy said...

Yay Janene! I love As.

Janene said...

awww! It was no coincidence I found it. So fun to imagine your happy dance. :o)

Kar said...

Since I read that post, whenever I see decorative letter A's, I think of you. :) Someday I'll be able to afford said letter A's and send them your way. It's true that there is nothing better than letters or packages in the mail.