Monday, May 12, 2008

Leaving paradise

Day 7: Friday May 2, 10:00 am - Our last hours at the Lake Palace Hotel

This morning started out with a head massage for me, and a deep tissue massage for Andy. They had us soak in their sauna, which was 44 degrees Celcius. I don’t know the conversion into Farenheit, but that was really hot. It was awesome because they put some essential oils in there, so you inhaled this amazing scent. Then we showered, and they started the massages. She rubbed this oily paste into my hair, and for 45 minutes, massaged my head, neck, scalp, shoulders, and face. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

After the massages, we had breakfast, and again, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Andy had eggs benedict with bacon (yes, bacon!), and I had French toast with orange peel cream cheese and syrup. Oh, and they had a buffet where I filled a plate with fresh fruit – watermelon, kiwi, pomegranate seeds, grapes, melon, apples, pears, and figs - I just piled it all on my plate. Yum. Sausages and freshly squeezed orange juice – it was heaven, complete with flute player.

I remember reading a sign on their room menu that said guests should refrain from eating food outside of the hotel, lest they get sick. Um, okay; wish I could afford to do that my entire trip to India.

We checked out after breakfast, walking with the umbrella man and the riding the boat out of la la land and into civilization. Ah the life of royalty. I could really get used to this. Do we really have to leave and get back into a hot car for another long drive?

1 comment:

Kar said...

That face/neck/head massage sounds INCREDIBLE.