Monday, May 12, 2008

A case of delayed Delhi Belly

I'm interrupting my India postings to say that coming home from vacation stinks. Vacations are always so fun. You don't think about money or responsibilities; you just think, what can we do next that is completely and utterly relaxing/crazy/fun/not something we would do at home? Well, I just spent almost two weeks being that way, and now that I'm home, I have had to...


* Pay bills
* Unpack
* Do laundry
* Prepare for my Sunday calling
* Clean the house
* Readjust to being in a different time zone (this has yet to happen)
* Lie sick on the couch for three days because I'm suffering some type of post-traumatic Delhi belly

Yep, the last one has very obviously been the worst. I didn't get sick at all in India, but as soon as I got home, I have had really bad stomach pains and several very unpleasant bathroom experiences. Since I have been home, all I have done is lay on the couch and watch all 10 episodes of Martha Stewart that were in my DVR, three movies (including August Rush, which I loved!), several made-for-TV movies. I have barely been able to eat anything - I've had about six pieces of toast, a half a bowl of chicken noodle soup, one pear, and two bowls of Lucky Charms. That is what I ate from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

So in case you're wondering why you haven't heard from me, or when you did hear from me I sounded like I was on the verge of death - it's because I felt like I was. Finally last night I stopped taking my malaria pills (which I recently found out cause side effects of stomach pain, but I'm wondering why I didn't feel said pain in India) and started taking the medications they gave me for traveler's diarrea. Funny how I get the "traveler's diarrea" when I've stopped traveling, but whatever.

Hopefully I'm on my way to the up-and-up, and I'll keep posting about India, so you can find out how Andy and I spent the last two weeks.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Oh, Lish, I'm so sorry. That really, really sucks. And it's weird that you got diarrhea after you returned home.