Thursday, September 4, 2008

44 ODD things about Alicia

I got this in an email, and decided not to spam anyone with it. Anyone who cares reads my blog, so here you go. Feel free to do your own on your blog!

1. Do you like blue cheese? Love it and eat it sometimes, even though it gives me major headaches.

2. Have you ever smoked? No, but does it count if I wanted to at one point in time? Just once, to try it.
3. Do you own a gun? No, but I shot a few guns once and really liked it
4. What flavor Kool Aid is your favorite? I despise Kool-Aid. But back when I drank it, I think I loved grape. It was like liquid Jolly Ranchers!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not anymore, but I used to get so nervous that my blood pressure was always sky-high. So many doctors told me to go to the pharmacy and take my blood pressure in one of those machines when I was calm, and call them back with the reading so they would know I'm okay - I always was.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I love hot dogs at baseball games, and that's pretty much it. Although I did buy a hot dog from the guy at the cart in front of Home Depot a couple of weeks ago - it was delicious!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Water - an ice cold glass of water always tastes to good. I guess it's because I haven't had any to drink for the last 8 hours.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes, the girly kind on my knees. I can actually do about 25 in a row, I think.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring - it's beautiful.
11. Favorite hobby? Hobbies? I love to read, love to be outdoors, love too cook, and I watch a little too much TV, although I hardly call that a hobby.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No.

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Like my sister, I tend to have a glass-is-half-empty outlook. That's a tough one to change.
14. Middle name? S. I wasn't given a middle name when I was born, and instead of using my maiden name as my middle name, I just use the initial.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.1) My stomach hurts. 2) I have so much to do today! 3) I can't wait to get my hair cut this afternoon - I hope it turns out the way I want it.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? I pretty much drink water, all day, every day. I have the occasional Fresca or Ginger Ale.
17. Current worry? I have too many to list.
18. Current hate right now? Having too much to do.

19. Favorite place to be? In my bed.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? I honestly don't even remember.
21. Where would you like to go? Everywhere - there are so many countries I still want to see.

22. Name three people who will complete this: Karlenn (if she's reading) and maybe Addie.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, three pairs, although I rarely wear them.

24. What shirt are you wearing? A green short-sleeve sweater. Yay for sweater weather!
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don't know - I've never slept on them.
26. Can you whistle? Kind of, but not very well. I think my five-year-old nephew can out-whistle me. How sad is that?
27. Favorite color? It used to be red, but I think it's changing to orange. It's just such a cheerful color.
28. Would you be a pirate? I am a pirate every year for one day on September 19th - National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Argh matey!

30. Favorite Girl's Name? I have no idea.
31. Favorite boy's name? Once again, no idea.
32. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing - I never put anything in my pockets. I'm bulky enough down there without making it worse!
33. Last thing that made you laugh? I don't remember what it was, but when we were playing cards last night with our friends, I laughed a lot. It felt great.

34. What vehicle do you drive? Saab 93. Everybody comments on it.
35. Worst injury you've ever had? I haven't really had a bad injury. I had a fantastically injured heart a few years ago - that was worse than any physical pain I've ever experienced. But maybe I'm a sissy-la la, as Clinter would say.
36. Do you love where you live? Sort of. I love Colorado, but I'm excited to live in a new house in a new part of Colorado.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? We have three, but I only really use one. We have one in our family room, Andy has one in his office, and we have one in our workout room that's not even working right now.
38. Who is your loudest friend? Definitely Dottie. I don't think she'd disagree.
39. Do you have any pets? Nope.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? I certainly hope so.
41. Your favorite book(s): Dandelion Wine is always a favorite, The Little Prince, and too many children's books to even name.
42. Do you collect anything? No, but I am currently looking to start a collection of something. Any suggestions?
43. Favorite Sports Team? I don't really watch sports.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Seriously? I don't know that I even care what's played at my funeral - it's for all the people left behind, so let them choose something that makes them feel good.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Hey, I thought you were starting to collect the letter A. I think that counts as a collection. I tried to find one for you when I was at an antique shop in New York this spring, but they had every letter but A. They said besides Ampersands, the letter is the most popular.

AnJ. said...

I always love finding out little tidbits about the people I know really well. Interesting. :)

bluestocking23 said...

I love this! It's so fun to read these now and then. :)

Jon and Becky said...

How about medieval weaponry? Or colorful socks? hand puppets? Kazoos! Glass elephants. Linoleum tiles? Pictures of other people's children's feet! BREAD! Rubber bands? Books about cows. Movies involving geese. Locks of celebrity's hair. Placentas. Pens?

Kar said...

You bet your sweet bippy I'll do this on my blog! :) Yes, I am reading! (Though I'm a little behind lately.) I love the argh matey. It reminds me of that lady pre-London: "You'll need to learn the language. You know, like...argh matey." I still tell that story to people, because I think it's so funny.

Jenn said...

I thouroghly enjoyed reading that, Thank you for helping me fill a good 15 minutes of my sunday and learning cool things about you at the same time, isn't that funny that as we stress about so many things we have to do we writing silly things on your blog...I love doing that, and do it quite often too. We are considering cancelling our Dish programing, and I thought, "Well at least I will still have my blog!"