Thursday, September 18, 2008

My commute ain't half bad, if you can ignore the crack

Remember, I commute now because my laptop got fried when the power went out a few days ago. Turns out I have to have my entire hard drive replacedm or whatever is in this giant box sitting on my desk. It seems much bigger than a hard drive. Bigger than a breadbox, even. Until IT opens it and puts whatever is in the box into my laptop, I will be driving into work every day.

Anyway. Even though I was commuting, and sitting in this (in a stick shift, no less), I tried to think positively and focus on the things that were nice about my commute. So, I enjoyed this. And very much enjoyed this. And also these - brand new, and I'll enjoy them all day long, and for a long time after that. Actually, I hope I don't enjoy them much longer because they will be a) too big because I lost weight, or b) too small because I am pregnant. No, I am not saying I am pregnant. Just that I wouldn't say no if the opportunity presented itself.

See? There were lots of nice things about my commute. And then. I tried to avoid it, but drove behind
this on a motorcycle for a good three minutes. The guy with the crack, not the little girl with the balloon. Come on - I'm trying to be a *little* tasteful here and not show a real picture of a guy on a motorcycle showing crack. That would just be crude. And okay, I'll admit it - a little bit funny.

All in all, a delightful commute. Despite the crack.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Ewwwww. I hate that. (Shhh, don't tell, but I have an aunt with a constant plumber's crack. Not fun.) I actually really used to love my 45-minute commute from Salt Lake to Roy every day. I did a lot of meditating and praying (with my eyes open, of course).