Friday, August 29, 2008

House hunting

Andy and I are getting ready to look for a house. Huzzah! I was beginning to think that day might never come. Never mind the fact that I'm going to be completely disappointed when we see what we can actually afford. Today, I will sit back and relish the idea of a cute little house, with gorgeous big trees, bright windows, and a nice spot for a garden to grow yummy, fresh food.

Or...maybe I could just move into this place? I went into Whole Foods the other day to buy some bulk grains, and I swear, every time I go in there, I feel so comfortable and happy that I just want to move right in and live in the produce/fresh flower section. The smells, the energy, the way the food looks - it is all so glorious it makes me lightheaded. Everything is bright and fresh and wonderful and even the carts are delightful - tiny and compact - it's all so very European.

I guess that's the point - they try to create an atmosphere that makes people want to stay, because when they stay, they spend money. Sigh. I suppose we'll just look for a real house, one that isn't already equipped with row upon row of fresh, organic produce, gorgeous flower arrangements, and wickedly delicious desserts. Wait - you mean I'll have to actually create that stuff on my own in my own house?

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I hate house hunting too. :( Good luck. And stop making me jealous with your whole foods!

AnJ. said...

I so wish we had one of these here. I've heard so many good things about it.
House hunting will certainly be an adventure!

Jon and Becky said...

I really can't think of any reason why you couldn't live in a whole foods supermarket. You'd just have to grow out your armpit hair to blend in with your environment.

Janene said...

Sounds like a place I would want to go on my birthday, for pure feel good energy. You know, living there, AND buying their delights, might be cheaper than a house. Let's see, it's been a while since I calculated how much ours costs us every day -- probably because that is no fun to think about! :o)

I can't scroll down. I've yet to read that book and I'm not even mildly excited. Maybe I should just read the reviews and let it go?

Kar said...

I hope you find a great house. You can make any place cute. You have such a great sense of style.