Friday, September 5, 2008

My collection

Yesterday I posted about how I don't really have a collection. Yes, Stephanie, I am collecting the letter A - I'm glad you reminded me. Right now it only has three items, so it's a pretty sorry collection.

But when I looked in the fridge last night to decide what to make for dinner, I realized that I have started a collection of sorts. Apparently, I love and am currently collecting cheese. I have 11 different kinds of cheese in my fridge at the moment. They are, in alphabetical order:
  • Babybel mini wheels
  • Blue cheese
  • Feta
  • Laughing Cow light creamy swiss
  • Laughing Cow light garlic & herb
  • Mild cheddar
  • Mozzarella
  • Parmesan
  • Sharp cheddar
  • String cheese
  • Swiss

Holy cheese wheel Batman! That is a heckuva lot of cheese. Andy has told me on several occasions that if I drank alcohol, I'd be a wine drinker. When I asked him why, he said because all I need to be happy is some bread, some good cheese, and some chocolate, and wine goes with those things. He's probably right. I don't know that this collection will keep too long - maybe I better look for something else to collect?

4 comments:

AnJ. said...

Cheese, glorious cheese. :) I'm loving this collection but it won't really be a collection for long lest they all go moldy.

bluestocking23 said...

I totally agree. We are currently hooked on swiss. We now have two kinds in the fridge (including Laughing Cow light creamy swiss)...and yes, wine would go well with cheese (at least I've always thought so!)

bluestocking23 said...

That totally sounds like I've tried it...which I haven't...but if I'd had a vice, it probably would've been wine. For some reason, I like the idea of it! (Weird. I know.)

Kar said...

You know, I've never found anything I'd like to collect. Maybe I should start the whole letter K thing. Every time I see cute decorative letters at Michaels or Roberts, I think of you and wish I could buy them for you and send them to you. :)