Friday, September 26, 2008

It's the little things that make the biggest difference

Dear Andy,

Thank you ever so much for taking me to Chipotle last night. I have been craving a vegetarian burrito since Monday. (You remembered!) it was delicious, but please don't ever let me eat after 9:00 pm again. Ever. That was just a bad choice on my end.

Thank you for telling me you think I'm pretty. Some days I don't feel that way, but knowing that you think I am helps. (A lot.)

Thank you for making such wonderful, fluffy, scrambled eggs for my breakfast burrito after I ruined two innocent, unsuspecting eggs in that pan of ours. Eggs are definitely your forte. (I promise to never scramble any eggs for you again.)

Thank you for taking me house shopping. I know I'm picky, and it means a lot to me that you are willing to indulge my ideas of fixing up an old house. (Won't it be beautiful when we're finished?)

Thank you for taking such wonderful pictures. I love the pictures you take. Someday we will do something cool and fancy with them to show them off in our new (old) house.

Thank you for reading my blog. Aren't you glad I'm writing? It is the advice you have been giving me for over a year now. (See? I do listen to your advice!)

Thank you for being understanding of my compelling need to exaggerate and embellish our conversations for dramatic effect when I write about them on my blog. I know you don't always say exactly what I write, exactly as I write it. (But if I didn't exaggerate, my posts would be boring.)

Thank you for being happy and fun to be with. Have I mentioned how much I love it when you're happy? (Well it's a lot.)

Most of all, thank you for being so good to me. You really are pretty darn awesome. It sure is those little things that count. (For me, anyways.)

Love,
Lish

PS: I might just consider living in Brighton. (Seriously.) If we can have chickens.

2 comments:

Kar said...

I'm glad you're writing more, too. Your blog is one of my faves to read. Seriously. And I wish Ben would read my blog. :(

Joey said...

Lish, so when did Andy finally read you blog? Was it after the Village Inn affair when everyone at the table EXCEPT your husband had read your blog? If that is the case, Anna & I will gladly except a sacrificial bag of M&Ms (the really big bag) as a form of payment and gratitude.