Saturday, September 6, 2008

Man on Wire

Because Andy's been so busy lately, we haven't had a chance to really see any movies. After things calmed down a bit, we decided we needed to fit in a couple of movies. Unfortunately, there wasn't really anything out there that we wanted to see that wasn't rated R. What to do? Thanks go Andy so diligently reading reviews for all movies in existence, we learned about a little documentary that was a PG-13 movie with the highest ratings - 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.


Since I was in charge of planning our date night, I decided we'd go see it. Man on Wire tells the story of Philippe Petit, a completely crazy Frenchman who decided to tightrope walk between the Twin Towers in the early 1970's. It was inspiring to watch him and his co-horts prepare and plan for this event, of course only to get arrested when it was all over.


I laughed, I cried, I gasped in terror, and stared in amazement as the incredible tightrope walker executed his lifelong dream. What a wonderful story of following your passion. If you're into documentaries (and French subtitles), I highly recommend this film.

4 comments:

Kar said...

I've heard about this! It's gotten lots of rave reviews in several of the entertainment magazines that I read. I'll have to watch it, for sure.

Jenn said...

Jeff and I are always looking for good non R-rated movies (they are hard to come by). So thank you for the suggestion. I love subtittles (Do you remember when we went to Smithfield to see Crouching tiger Hidden Dragan) and I also love Documentories, maybe I can talk Jeff into this one.

bluestocking23 said...

Dude. I read about that guy once. What a crazy man! I'll bet that was quite entertaining.

Janene said...

We LOVE the childrens book about this, The Man Who Walked Between the Towers. It was the newberry winner a few years ago. Love the illustrations and everything about it. Had no idea about this movie -- good to know!