Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And the Oscar goes to...

Sunday night we went to my first ever Oscar party at our friends Eldon & Heather's house. We had to wear our pajamas, bring an appetizer, and everyone voted on who would win each category.

Surprisingly, I came in second place. I almost took first, but made two bad choices at the very end. Thanks to Andy for doing his research so I could copy a few choices off his ballot!


Chris and Barb sure enjoyed my spoils.

And thanks to Dennis who gets us into free movies, I actually saw 10 of the nominated movies this year.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

This looks like so much fun! I can tell you that for once I had no real interest in the Oscars (okay, except for the dresses) this year because I have seen exactly ZERO movies for many moons. I'm glad you were an educated viewer. :)

lish said...

You need to at least see Juno. I know you would love it Brooke! I was amazed how incredibly hilarious and touching it was.

AnJ. said...

I caught about 10 minutes and knew nothing about any of them. Some I hadn't even heard of.
Is this what life becomes once you have kiddies?

Mandy said...

Oh, we usually have oscar parties at the Biesinger's, but this year we were driving home from St. George! I'm sad we didn't do anything! I'm still waiting to see Juno...

Kar said...

What a fun idea! You are so lucky to have that friend who can get you into movies for free. Seriously. Is Juno PG-13? I'm trying not to watch any R-rated movies, but it seems like most of the nominees were rated R.

lish said...

Yeah, we don't watch rated R movies anymore, and most of the nominees were rated R. Two that I've seen are rated R, and only one of them was worth it: Once. The other one (Sweeney Todd), was definitely not worth it.

I'm including, of course, any movie that was nominated in any category, not just the main ones:

Ratatouille
Surf's Up
Across the Universe
Juno
Enchanted
Sweeney Todd
Bourne Ultimatum
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Once
Transformers