Sunday, February 17, 2008

Max

As the Primary pianist, I have a pretty great calling. It's easy, I don't have to prepare much, and I get to sit in the Primary and listen to the kids singing, which fills my heart with joy.

During Christmastime, the chorister did a simple arrangement of Handel's "For Unto Us a Child is Born" from The Messiah. The kids picked up on it pretty quickly; I was impressed.

When she was teaching it to the junior primary, she explained that the song they were about to learn contained different names for Jesus. "Does anyone know any other names for Jesus?" she asked. Then she called on a little boy in the front who was raising his hand so high.

"Um....Max?" he said. Of all the names for the Savior, that is the last one any of us would have ever come up with!
I'm so grateful I get to work with those sweet little kids - they bring a smile to my face every week.

4 comments:

Kar said...

That would seriously be a great calling. I guess I should have taken piano lessons more seriously. That is the funniest story!!

AnJ. said...

We should write a book filled with all the funny and crazy things Primary children say. :)
Primary is the best place to be.

Mandy said...

Oh, no kidding! We get some funny things in nursery too! Glad you are enjoying your calling.

Janene said...

hah! I love the quotables from primary. While quizzing on I Am a Child of God a few weeks ago, I was having one child at a time finish the line. "Help me to learn to do his (blank)..." and little blond Shane guessed "...stuff?"

I think he gets it!

Good luck doing His "stuff" at the piano. :o)