Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Stench of a Pirate

Our friends Sam and Denver have five kids - four boys (Colton, Jonas, Preston, and Adam) and one girl (Morgan). They were dear friends before Andy left, and now they have become a kind of surrogate family for me. The kids want to invite me pretty much everywhere, much to Denver and Sam's chagrin, I'm sure. I sure do enjoy them, and am so grateful for their friendship.

Tonight we went to see their second oldest, Jonas, in his school musical production of The Stench of a Pirate. Argh! Who's not up for a good pirate story, especially one with a character named Six Fingered Sally and a pirate baby named Sharkie?
Jonas was quite the master swordsman in his debut swordfight - I think he'd give Captain Jack Sparrow a run for his money! Here he is in the front, wearing a blue and white baseball shirt and a red bandana.
Shiver me timbers!

2 comments:

Kar said...

That reminds me of that lady who, when you told her you were going to London, said you'd have to learn the language - "argh, matey!" One of my favorite stories of all time.

lish said...

Funny! Kar, I totally forgot about that story. It must explain my unending love for all things pirate!