Sunday, April 6, 2008

Delightful Dan

It's so rare that I love a movie and the soundtrack, so imagine my joy when I finally watched Dan in Real Life. What a delight!

While I didn't love all the characters (Juliette Binoche's character was a little unlikeable and disappointing), the music for this movie just made it so joyful. Sondra Lerche and other artists created the music, and it's fun, it's light, it's quirky, and some of the songs just make you want to bounce!

Steve Carrell was loveable as the awkward, sad, Dan looking for love and trying to keep his family going after the death of his wife. This is a move I highly recommend - it's laugh out loud funny in spots, a little bit sad in others, and heartwarming throughout.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I loved the soundtrack too!!

Kar said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm excited to see it. The previews looked really funny.

Mandy said...

It was a good movie! The soundtrack was definitely fantastic.

Janene said...

this is totally on our list of "to-rent" Soundtracks are my favorite (did it all start at Gateway? probably) Thanks for the recommendation!

And big hug and happy day to you. ;o)