Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flowers on my birthday

Andy sent me these "flowers" from San Francisco. Can you believe this beautiful field of irises? I've never seen one before.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good birthday. My friend Gaylinn took me to lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant, and then I went to dinner with our friends Chris & Barb.

We went to a hibachi restaurant, which was quite the show! Chris was the only one who managed to catch the broccoli in his mouth that the hibachi chef flipped over at him. Both Barb and I missed.

I received so many cards and phone calls from all of you - thank you so much for thinking of me on my birthday! I would not have thought that I could have such a great day, despite the fact that Andy was not here to enjoy it with me.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Those irises are beautiful. We're a bit behind in Idaho - mine are just starting to show their shoots. I'm excited to see how they do.