Sunday, April 6, 2008

I think I'll just go back to bed

Today was one of those days where I should have just stayed in bed. For starters, Andy was leaving for San Francisco. I wasn't too excited about that. When I drove him to the airport, we decided that I'd go inside and wait with him to check in - this was nice because I got to prolong saying goodbye. On my way back to the car, I somehow didn't see the pile of vomit someone had left right next to my car, and stepped right in it. Um, yeah - I was wearing flip flops.

After I paid for parking, I was turning out of the lot and a woman started walking in front of me, so I stopped short. Then she very vigorously waved me through, so I started driving, and as I turned, my turn signal got caught on my purse straps. I didn't even know it was possible, but I snapped my turn signal clean off. It was hanging by a wire, and as I pulled into my driveway, it finally fell off.

Here it is in my hand:
And here is where it's supposed to go:
Guess who's calling the dealership tomorrow? Darn Saabs can only be fixed at the dealership, at a premium price - yay. And to top it all off, when I got home from the airport, my garage door would only open halfway. Good thing our friend Denver was there to fix it! His wife Sam said I should just go back to bed and start the day over. Ah, if only that was an option.

Sam and Denver have five kids ranging in ages from 2 - 12: Colton, Jonas, Preston, Morgan, and Adam. The one thing that made my day okay was having them over for conference and a rousing game of Hand & Foot (which Denver and I finally won - hooray!). Preston drew this great picture for me, probably so I could remember what Andy looks like.

Thanks Denver, Sam, and kids for cheering me up!

1 comment:

Kar said...

How great to have friends to cheer you up. I really need to kick up my social circle a notch.