Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How many To Do lists can one girl have?

There are few things I love more in life than a full To Do list and an empty day to fill up with running errands. Call me crazy, but I love having things to do and then getting them done.

This week has certainly been the mother of all To Do lists. I guess planning a two-week trip to a foreign country within only a couple of weeks can create a lot of stuff that must get done. I leave Saturday afternoon, which only gives me a few more days to get through the staggering list of about 50 items. The tough part is that I'll get something done, cross it off, and then think of something else to add to it, so it never really gets any shorter.
Between getting everything ready for India (laundry, shopping, pre-paying bills, cleaning the house, packing, um actually planning the trip and making reservations - the list goes on and on) and working, I haven't had much time to create a list, let alone check things off.
I'm super excited about this trip though. While it will be cool to visit India and see some interesting places, I have certainly missed Andy, and am so looking forward to seeing him. How can one and a half weeks without him feel like one and a half years?

The only crummy part about going on this trip is knowing that I have to come home and be without him for five weeks. It hasn't been too bad so far, because I've known that I get to see him after being gone only two weeks. Coming home is definitely going to be tough, and not just because of the 15 hour flight from Delhi to Chicago...

2 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, man, five more weeks after your return? I would seriously die. I'm a whimp when it comes to being apart from Ben.

Larry said...

Two things:

I hope your pre-travel plans include all of the appropriate vaccinations. (I know, I'm a nerd, but a nerd who cares about you).

Secondly - what better way to spend some of those 5 weeks than a visit to sunny Columbus!! It's acutally beautiful here with the flowers blooming and everything greening up. And Creed has been going on and on about how much he misses you...