Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy birthday Coop-Coop

Some days, I don't mind living so far away from my family. It's not that I love it, but I don't always think about what I'm missing. Then every once in a while (usually when I read someone's blog), I realize that missing out on the little everyday fun things really stinks. And it sure would be nice to just hang out with my mom, dad, and sisters every once in a while, or to be able to babysit for AnJ and Clint. I have to admit, I'm envious of Grandmas DaNae and Pila and aunties Toby & Jess, Mandy, and Amber - I wish I had the opportunity to babysit my adorable nephews every once in a while.

Today is one of those "I'm sad I'm not there" days. Today is Cooper's first birthday. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'll miss out on the little party AnJ has been planning. (No cupcakes for me! But if you read my last post, I guess that's a good thing.) The first time I met Coop, he was this tiny. As far as I'm concerned, he still is, because I don't even have another picture of him with me and it's a whole year later! And I really hope deep down that my favorite buddy, Mason, has not forgotten who I am.
It's hard to get home regularly, and it's hard to know everything I'm missing out on. I hope everyone knows I wish I could be there - for big things, little things, and all the things in between. Give Coop a birthday kiss from his Auntie Alicia and know that I'm there in spirit.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

We'll miss you tonight! It's hard having you so far away, but don't be jealous of me. I hardly ever get to see them ever! Love you.

AnJ. said...

We did miss you! We always miss you when you aren't here. I love that picture of the two of you. Boy has he grown! Don't worry. Mason won't forget you. About every three weeks he asks me when we are flying to Denever again to see Aunt Alicia and Uncle Andy.
Love you!

DaNae said...

We missed you and Andy, thats why you still need to come visit this summer when Andy gets back.

Kar said...

I'm so glad I live near my family now. I really missed them when I lived in San Diego. Although now I'm back where all the drama is, and sometimes it's nice to be far away from drama! Lots of drama in my family.