Monday, September 24, 2007

A mouse in the house...or three

I thought we had a mouse. Actually, I knew we had a mouse, because the last few times I have gone into our food storage room, there he is, sitting on top of the cans. Watching me. I would have taken a picture, but apparently I inherited my mom's scaredy-mouse gene, and each time I've seen him, I've started screaming, paralyzed in fear. Oh brother.

We put out a humane mouse trap, and he has not touched it. So today, we're going to Wal-Mart to buy the real mouse traps - the ones that snap down on them and most likely break their necks. Ick.

Andy told me he saw two mice sitting there yesterday, and heard a third somewhere in the corner.

Looks like I won't be going into the food storage room anytime soon.

10 comments:

AnJ. said...

That's one way to stop mom from ever coming back out to visit! Mice. YUK!!!!!!! Good luck. I just hope you are the one to find them after they meet their demise. It's so not pretty.

DaNae said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!Reading this just made me jump up on chair. Mouses are the scariest thing ever!!!Tell Andy good luck to catch it, you might want to get a cat!

Corinne said...

That's a bold mouse friend!

Mandy said...

eek! i hate mice. i wonder if we all ended up with the mom gene, because i can't deal with them either!

bluestocking23 said...

Eek! JP could tell you about having to deal with that...nuts. She not so proudly caught our mouse in June. Ewww...

Brooke said...

We have some little mousey friends out in our pumpkin patch. Nasty. I wonder how long until they make their way into our house... Ew.

Amy said...

Ummm...good luck with that.

Clinter B. said...

Did the mice abduct you?

Kar said...

I'm so sorry! Mice suck. We had them in my house growing up. There were, like, twenty of them. It was a traumatic experience for me. I'll never forget it. So creepy. Kill those little buggers!! Even if there's blood and guts involved! This is war!!

Rebecca said...

just found your blog through Amy.. glad to hear you are doing well.. its been a while.. we will be in your neck of the woods in June again.. always for the Aspen F&W festival.. would love to catch up!!! Love the blog!! :)