Thursday, September 20, 2007

I just got double-sacked and begged for my job back

How lame is that?

I had a big misunderstanding with my boss, who told me I could work from home for my remaining two weeks. So this week I worked from home. She called me yesterday, furious, because she didn't know where I was. Hello! I'm working from home. So I go into the office, apologize, and continue working.

Today, she told me to meet with her boss, who told me that this 30-day time period between being laid off and starting my severance was not working out, and that I could begin transitioning out today. I explained that everything was a misunderstanding, and asked if there was any way I could continue working for the remainder of the 30 days.

She said no. It was a done deal.

What's really crummy about this is that when I talked to my manager about it, she said she was sorry, she made a decision when she was angry, and it could not be undone. Now I left this company with them thinking that I'm a slacker, don't communicate what I'm doing, and have a bad attitude. What a way to leave a job you loved...

I'm sure something will turn up, things will work out, blah blah blah. It still sucks.

7 comments:

Steph said...

That totally stinks!!!!Well, you know that I think that you should be a librarian or a writer . . .

Mandy said...

You have got to be kidding me. What a joke! I can't believe they did that. I am so so sorry. I would have to second Stephanie on a librarian or writer. We love you!

DaNae said...

There is something that is just waiting for you, and maybe this is the time that you can follow your dream!!!!!

Love You!!!

Janene said...

whoa! No fun. Now you can spend lots of time on your blog! ;o) Which is fun to read, by the way (except for that part when you lose your job....) I hope things work out. I'll be thinking of ya, fried!

Janene said...

um, I mean frieNd, not fried. LAME mistake, but hopefully it provided a smile.

Corinne said...

YUCK. What a lame experience, I'm so sorry!! I hate when things don't end on a good note. I hope the next job works out better :)

Kar said...

That sucks. Almost the exact same thing happened to my sister last week, and she's so embarrassed and mad about it. Because her manager didn't relay information to her superior, Brianna got fired. She's trying to get them to reconsider, but it's not looking good. So dumb. Are all managers and bosses jerks? In my experience so far, yes.