Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Heart Andy

Being married is fun! I feel so lucky to have the chance to be married to such a thoughtful, delightful husband. Being Andy's wife has been such a great experience for me, and I wanted to share a few reasons why I love him, and love being his wife.

1. He is always thinking of me before he thinks of himself, and he shows it in little ways every day. For instance, each Sunday in sacrament meeting, he takes the tray from the deacon and passes it to me before taking some for himself. He also opens my car door for me getting into and out of the car. He's spoiled me so much that when I ride in the car with anyone, I sit there for a minute, waiting for someone to open my door!

2. He enjoys my family. Now I think I have a pretty great family, but Andy enjoys them so much that he suggested we spend a whole week in Utah for Thanksgiving. He's the first person I have seen succeed at getting most of my family around the table to play games.

3. He does what he says. I have never made a request of him that he has denied. It's wonderful knowing that if I need something and ask him for it, he will find a way to make it happen.

4. He is creative and resourceful. This is a guy who used to work in theater and now works in television and movies. He can imagine, design, build, and execute any type of production, using very few materials and a little elbow grease. He has pulled off some great productions in short amounts of time, using very few resources.

5. He is a devoted friend. Andy has so many friends, and he makes friends so easily. He has given friends a place to stay, helped them get jobs, created amazing wedding videos for them, been a good example to them, among many other things. And all because he knows they are worth it, and because he loves them.

6. He cooks! What more can I say? Andy makes a mean fried chicken, and I love his breakfast burritos. He even bakes - last night he made some flipping awesome mint cookies. And not only does he cook, but he even cleans the kitchen.

7. He has great hair. He would tell you otherwise; in fact, most days he curses his hair as he gets ready, but I love his hair! When it's long enough, it looks like an afro. You don't see too many Japanese guys with afros...

8. He gets excited about what I'm excited about. Whenever I tell him about something I'm interested in, or share a story about what went on that day, he listens and supports me 100%.

9. He works so hard for our family, and I do mean hard. My job is so cushy - I sit at my desk all day in an air conditioned building, working on my computer. Andy carries heavy lighting and camera equipment, usually up and down flights of stairs. Sometimes he works outside in the heat. Sometimes he gets yelled at by editors who think they know everything. I went to work with him one day and he had to lay on the dirty floor of a hospital so he could get just the right shot. And he does this sometimes 12 days in a row, with no days off for a break! He travels (and traveling is not his favorite thing) just so he can make enough money for us.

10. He touches my feet with his feet when we're lying in bed. This is one of my absolute most favorite things in the world!

1 comment:

Kar said...

That is so sweet. I need to do something like this on my blog. Poor Ben. He must think I can't stand him - I'm pregnant and always sick, so I never want to cuddle or kiss lately. Andy seems like a really wonderful guy, and I'm so, so glad for you that you are married to such a thoughtful person.