Thursday, September 20, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Andy was working at the Telluride Film Festival all weekend. Boring for me! I looked into going, but the cheapest place to stay was around $1200 a night. Plus, I wouldn't have anyone to hang out with and all the movies were sold out. Boo. So I stayed home and cleaned up the house a bit so we can move out once and for all.

I mentioned earlier that I am terrible at taking pictures. So I started working away and realized I never took before pictures of the really messy room. But here is an after picture of the big, empty room off of the kitchen.

This room was filled with boxes of junk, paint cans, baseboards that needed painting (which I also painted over the weekend). I set up the shelves you see on the right and I think I mopped that floor about five time, but it looks great now!

We still have a lot of work to do in here, but it's slowly coming. I think Andy's parents will be happy because the last time they came over, his dad asked if we were ever going to clean up this room.

After that I tackled one of the bedrooms, which I am trying to turn into my craft room. I actually took a before picture of this room, and it was a mess! We pretty much were just throwing stuff we didn't want to find a place for in this room.

I cleared out all the junk and piled it in our living room. I can't believe how much junk we have! Okay, probably 90% of it is my junk, and I am slowly getting rid of it. Can you believe all this? We have since loaded it into Andy's van, and hopefully he has taken it to Goodwill. Here is also a picture of the room after I unloaded all the junk.

Andy brought home a huge flat of gorgeous peaches from somewhere in Colorado. Again, I suck at pictures and should have taken one. They were delicious! We made two dozen peach turnovers - yum yum!

1 comment:

Kar said...

You literally made my mouth water with the peach turnovers story. Yum. Now, is this the house you moved out of, or the house you moved in to?