Thursday, February 26, 2009

Have you ever seen someone you know on the national news?

I was just taking a break from work (and let's be honest, Ed), when I caught this article on msn.com.

I thought the blurb sounded interesting - "Man who helped elderly woman to safety gets ticket," but imagine my surprise when I opened the link and saw a picture of a man who used to be in my ward when I lived in downtown Denver!

Jim was always extremely nice and always cheerful and helpful. You can figure that out just by reading that he was helping elderly women cross the street when he was hit by a truck. I can't believe they want to give him a ticket for jaywalking - what was his option - don't jaywalk and watch old women get hit? Seriously.

I'm glad Jim's going to be okay. The world needs more people just like him.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Oh jeez. Poor guy. I hope he's alright. Bleeding in the brain? That's not good...

AnJ. said...

Oh brother. What has the world come to. I hope he is okay and I hope he fights it in court.

On another note...this is much different than a few months ago when Clint saw someone he knew at his old work on the news. For running a prostitution ring. Sheesh!

Jon and Becky said...

I agree it was petty of the police to ticket the man, but in their defense, what was he thinking trying to pull old ladies across the middle of a busy street?