Thursday, March 27, 2008

A traveling we go

Andy has just been offered a job working on a feature-length documentary for the entire summer, which is such a cool opportunity. He wants to get into films, and this could potentially open some doors for him and put him in new circles, not to mention he'll have steady work for a long (in his field) period of time.

The downside of this is that he will be in India and China all summer. Oh, and he'll potentially be in San Francisco during my birthday. He has a crazy itinerary the next few months:

  • San Francisco April 6-10
  • India April 12 through June 14 (he does get a break from April 28 through May 8, during which I will hopefully visit him, and which I am *very* excited about)
  • Home from June 14 until July 4
  • China from July 5 August 25
While I'm super excited to see his career take off, I'm not excited to be home by myself all summer. I need some suggestions of some good projects I should start. Any ideas? Of course, if you'd like to visit me in Denver, I would LOVE the company...just call me and we'll arrange it!

7 comments:

Stephanie Ford said...

Uh, wow! That's amazing.

Larry says that every time Andy goes to a new continent, you need to come visit us.

Actually we'll be in Utah at the end of June so hopefully we'll visit some time in there!

AnJ. said...

I know! I know! You can finally put your family history book together! And when you are done with that, you can write your life story. :)

Kar said...

Oh my gosh!! Wow! What a great opportunity, but dang, that will suck to be apart for so long. Projects to do - organize and scrapbook your photos? I always like that project.

Clinter B. said...

I got to travel to Boise for work...

Mandy said...

I think he will really enjoy it! India is fantastic. I can say that now, after a week of decompression! :) I like AnJ's idea bout your life story...we all need to do that!

bluestocking23 said...

Wow. What an opportunity for him! Hmm...I'm thinking it is time to write that book...

Brooke said...

I'm soooo excited for you guys! What an opportunity! But wow, that's a long time! I know you will fill up your time with all kinds of great things, but man, that's a long time without Andy! Can't you just telecommute and go along with him??