Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm airing my dirty laundry (and dishes, and giant vats of Cheez Balls)

When Andy's gone, this is what happens to our house. At least lately.

Sadly, this is not the worse my kitchen has looked in the last two weeks.

Just home from Costco, and too lazy to put stuff away.

I just have to point out the giant vat of Cheez Balls. I laughed when Heather gave those to me, but sadly, I'm the only one who has eaten them, and look how much I've eaten!

A few months ago, it was because I was so sick. Now I'm just so...

...lazy?
...sloppy?
...tired?

Who knows, but he's been gone for two weeks* and we have a week and a half to go. I better get cleaning if I want to be done by the time he's back.

It's funny, because as the Compassionate Service Leader for our ward, I'm pretty okay at pulling people together to deliver food, help with people's houses, and other services. But when it comes to pulling myself together to take care of my own house...forget it.

I wonder why that is?

*Andy's in Aspen shooting a movie. Doesn't he have such a glamorous life? While I stay behind, sitting on the couch eating Bon-Bons and watching Hulu because we cancelled our cable. (Seriously, why does having children make us do crazy things to save money?)

4 comments:

Kar said...

Eh... you're pregnant. And the house doesn't get much cleaner after you have the kid, either. :)

Mandy said...

I think I have you beat. Mine is 10 times worse! I am feeling the same way! :)

Jon and Becky said...

Ah. In Aspen shooting a movie. So THAT's why the Chuckles to Cure Cancer movie isn't done on schedule. I think you should let Andy come home to you, collapsed on the floor, wearing his suit and covered in cheeseball residue.

Corinne said...

Hey, we canceled our cable too, and I watch hulu while folding laundry! Really, it's the only way I get myself to fold the danged laundry, and I don't have your excuse :)